Tooth 2 - Encouraging regular toothbrushing
We have been working towards this award in Nursery by actively encouraging the children to feel positive and excited about tooth brushing. To support our work we have been doing the following activities:
- Sharing stories and singing songs to promote brushing both day and night.
- Practicing our brushing using large models and a puppet dinosaur and talking about the importance of brushing every tooth.
- Completing a personal tooth brushing chart over a 4 week period.
- Drawing pictures of our own healthy smile.
- Using motivational stickers and certificates to reward the children’s work.
- Providing every child in Nursery with a goody bag containing a toothbrush, 2 minute timer and chart.
Here are some pictures of the work we have been doing to gain the Tooth 2 Award.
We have managed to achieve the Tooth 2 Award. Well done to everyone!