When do children become entitled to Nursery education?
Children become eligible for free part time education the term after they become three.
The table below shows when children become eligible and the closing dates for consideration for a place at our Nursery
|Children born between||Earliest Date of Entry||Closing date for applications|
|1st April 2018 and 31st August 2018||September 2021||25th March 2021|
|1st September 2018 and 31st December 2018||January 2022||23th September 2021|
|1st January 2019 and 31st March 2019||April 2022||6th January 2022|
What is the entitlement?
15 hour Nursery entitlement
Monday to Friday 9.05am until 12.05pm - your child will be expected to attend every morning.
30 hours eligible entitlement
The Government has introduced 30 hours of free childcare for eligible parents, the structure of our sessions will be as follows:
The additional 15 hours will be offered as a continuation of the morning session running from 12.05pm until 3.05pm daily. The afternoon sessions will run daily but accessed as required (your child does not need to attend all 5 afternoons). There will be a charge of £2.00 per day to cover the cost of your child's lunch.
Shining Stars Day Care
For non-eligible parents we will still be running our Shining Star Day care facility, which can be used on a daily basis, as and when required. At present we charge £10.00 per day for this service, which also includes a lunch.
How do I apply for a place?
Our application form is available from the school office.
Completed forms should be returned to the school office before the closing date, along with evidence of your child's date of birth and evidence of your address.
In the event that there are more applicants than places available, the Academy Trust will allocate places using the following criteria, which are listed in order of priority.
- Children looked after by a local authority
- Children resident within the Academy catchment area who have a brother or sister already in attendance at Seaton Academy at the time of admission.*
- Children resident within the Academy catchment area.
- Children not resident in the catchment area with a brother or sister already in attendance at Seaton Academy at the time of admission.*
- Children not resident in the catchment area without a bother or sister in attendance at Seaton Academy.
Please note there is no right of appeal in the case of an unsuccessful application.
* Brothers and sisters are those living at the same address and includes step and foster children.