E-Safety Policy Statement
Providing internet access raises educational standards and supports the professional work of staff. We believe that the educational advantages of enabling children to have supervised access to the internet greatly outweigh the likely problems. By using the computer in a variety of ways as well as knowing about other electronic applications children will gain confidence and capability to apply their ICT skills
Our E-safety Policy states our practice for safe use of ICT and internet and is displayed in all computer areas.
We have links on our web page for parents to find out more about Internet Safety
- Children will only use the internet when an adult is with them
- Children to be told that if a programme goes off, don’t fiddle, only click on the buttons or links when you know what they do
- E-mails will only be sent or opened together, under supervision, usually as a group or class activity
- If any unsuitable web sites are found contact the Cleo broadband technical officer in Cumbria who will ensure they are blocked.
- Written permission is obtained from parents to allow the use of pictures (without names) on the website.